Adapted from the writings of Dayan Yitzhak Grossman December 3, 2020 All’s well that ends…
An Overview of a Shiur by Rav Moshe Zev Granek on Parshas Metzora
(זאת תהיה תורת המצורע והובא אל הכהן (ויקרא יד:א
Why does the pasuk say he is brought to the kohen if he may not enter the machaneh?
- Ramban interpreting Toras Kohanim – It means he must make himself tahor as soon as possible.
- Binyan Tzion (Chadashos 127) interpreting Toras Kohanim — There is no chiyuv to wait like there is for a zav (who waits shiva nekiyim).
Are there other sources that a metzora must become tahor immediately?
- Gemara (Chullin 141a) – Hava Amina that mitzva of taharas metzora would override the mitzva of shiluach hakein and one may take a mother bird and
chicks if no other birds are available.
- Kehilos Yaakov (Yoma 21) – This proves that metzora must become tahor immediately.
- Dvar Avraham – It only proves that shalom bayis of metzora (who hasn’t been with his wife) is doche shiluach hakein, but not mitzva of taharas metzora alone.
- Gemara (Yevamos 5b) – Metzora must shave all of
his hair including the pe’os, showing aseh doche lo taaseh.
- Chazon Ish/Gra – the aseh is taharas metzora.