skip to Main Content
Have a question? ASK THE DAYAN 1.888.485.8223 Sign up to receive our Halacha Journal! SUBSCRIBE

Dividing Profits When the Terms Were Not Specified

Rav Yitzchok Grossman Question: How should partners split their profits when the terms were not clearly specified? If one partner put up 70% and the other 30%, should they divide the profits along those lines? Answer: The Gemara discusses this…

Read More

Legal Partnerships Vs. Halachic Partnerships

Rav Yitzchok Grossman Question: If a partnership is created in a way that is not according to halacha, but is in accordance with common custom or legal norms, is that enough?   Answer: There are Gedolei Acharonim, including the Ridvaz and…

Read More

Does One Need a Kinyan to Make a Partnership?

Rav Yitzchak Grossman Question: If two people want to enter a business partnership together, what do they have to do to ensure the shutfus is halachically binding? Answer: In general, a kinyan is needed to make a typical transaction, such…

Read More
NEW Yorucha Program >